7657 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge
Louisiana, LA 70810 USA
(225) 956 – 4903
Seeking a challenging job opportunity with a reputed medical organization for the position of Dermatology Nurse, to utilize my skills and wide experience in the provision of long-term patient care in the organization.
• Six years of hands-on experience as a Dermatology Nurse.
• Expertise in performing dermatology nursing duties, as directed by highly professional surgeons.
• A valid license holder of a Registered Nurse (RN).
• Hold a Dermatology Nurse Certification (DNC) from the Dermatology Nurse Certification Board (DNCB).
• Vast experience in performing pharmacology, physiology and anatomy.
• Impeccable knowledge about medical terminologies, and hospital rules and regulations.
• Capable of performing Mesotherapy, Excisions and Microdermabrasion.
• Capable of performing biopsies and reconstructive surgeries.
• In-depth knowledge about skin cancer surgery, hair transplants, chemical peels, liposuction, botox, Cyrotherapy, topic therapies, and the like.
• Good understanding of anatomy, pharmacology, physiology and human development.
• Ability to converse with the patients, their families and referral sources in a congenial manner.
• Good understanding about pain and symptom management.
• Proficiency in providing patient care, in case of skin diseases.
• Well conversant about various health and safety regulations for the patients.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving and communication skills.
Professional Education and Certification:
Bachelor of Science in Dermatology
LSUA Department of Nursing, Louisiana, USA
Dermatology Nurse Certification (DNC)
Dermatology Nurse Certification Board (DNCB)
Dermatology Nurse (2008 – present)
Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans (MCLNO), New Orleans, LA
• Provide assistance in surgical dermatology and in treating minor skin conditions, including acne, wounds, psoriasis and infection.
• Diagnose skin cancer by examining patient’s medical history, such as radiation, phototherapy and sun exposure.
• Provide primary care concerning common skin problems like eczema and psoriasis.
• Conduct skin problems-related programs, including ‘Patient Education Program (PEP)’.
• Assess patients and fill up their medical records.
• Examine and educate the patients about their treatment.
Dermatology Nurse (2005 – 2007)
Ochsner Medical Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
• Responsible for providing assistance to surgeons during dermatological surgical procedures.
• Examined patients, assessed and interpreted their medical history, while performing medical treatments like chemical peels.
• Imparted education to patients about the warning signs and the techniques of preventing skin cancer.
• Actively participated and coordinated in the education of dermatological patients.
Dr. Mathew Keith
Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans
New Orleans, LA
Posted by on Aug.23, 2011, under Info